About the department (a brief description of the department)
The Internal Control and Audit Unit is one of the main pillars to ensure the existence of appropriate measures and appropriate procedures in preserving public money and to verify the extent of improvement in the quality of services provided while ensuring equality and fairness in accessing and obtaining those services in addition to ensuring the effectiveness of the administration based on adherence to standards of equality, transparency and investment Optimization of resources through financial and administrative auditing of all work procedures in the hospital and providing impartial judgments without being affected by the surrounding circumstances.
- The Internal Control and Audit Unit aims to preserve public funds and public assets, to ensure that they are used in an optimal manner, and to improve the quality of work.
- In order to achieve its goals, it undertakes the following tasks: -
- Ensure the correctness and accuracy of the entries, data, accounting information and financial statements.
- Verify the effectiveness and efficiency of the followed financial operations
- Protect financial resources and assets from misuse.
- Ensure the extent of compliance with the legislation in force to reduce errors and discover them in the event of their occurrence.
- Adherence to the approved financial policies of government departments and units.
- Exercising administrative control and ensuring that the department and the governmental unit achieve the objectives and general policies of the department and the government unit by reviewing the administrative decisions issued in this regard.
Sections and divisions of the department
- Department of Administrative Control
- Financial Control Department
The department completed tasks
First: - The Internal Control and Audit Unit worked to provide senior management with the results of audits and to give them a clear idea of all hospital procedures to enable them to take the necessary decisions to preserve public money and try to reduce operational costs by doing the following: -
- Monitor the implementation of budget items and the extent of compliance with financial allocations.
- Monitor hospital account balances in banks and review related bank settlements.
- Monitor exchange operations and that they are carried out in accordance with the powers and ensure their legality.
- Verify the hospital’s revenues from various departments and the correctness of its seizure and registration.
- Monitor bonds of various kinds and ensure that they are duly organized.
- Monitor procurement processes of all kinds and ensure the extent of compliance with the followed policies and procedures.
- Monitor the work of the procurement and inspection committees to the point of delisting and ensure their compliance with the regulations and instructions in force in the hospital.
- Monitoring warehouses on their different types and carrying out the periodic inventory programmed on them to match their balances on the computerized system.
- Review administrative decisions with a financial impact and ensure their legality and the extent of their consistency with the legislation in force.
- Monitor the work of the services department in its various departments and divisions.
- Monitor the work of the support services departments.
- Follow up on the inquiries of the Audit Bureau and respond to them.
Second: - The development in the audit process according to the latest developments has achieved direct or indirect financial savings for the hospital, by discovering defects and working to correct them according to the rules.
Third: Participation in several committees.