Princess Mona Al Hussein Center for Heart Diseases
Facts and figures
- The Princess Muna Al Hussein Cardiac Center at King Abdullah University Hospital is a center
- An advanced and integrated center where the center includes doctors specializing in cardiology and cardiac surgery with a distinguished and expert nursing and technical staff, and the center contains five departments, which are the Cardiac Intensive Care Division, the Cardiac Intensive Care Division, the Cardiac Operations Division, the Catheter Department and the Intermediate Cardiac Care Division, with a total capacity of forty-two Beds.
- The Coronary Care Department consists of twelve single beds, where the department receives critical cardiac cases
- From various hospitals in the region, such as acute stroke cases and patients who need a breathing machine
- Artificial, with an occupancy rate of 94%.
- As for the cardiac catheterization department, which works around the clock, it receives cases that need catheterization
- It contains two laboratory personnel, and catheterization operations are performed daily, at a rate of 3,800 cases per year
- In addition to performing pediatric catheterization operations, and installing a heart battery and an electric shock device.
- The Cardiac Operations Department is considered one of the sensitive departments due to its importance, as it performs rare and delicate heart surgeries.
- The center is linked to a wide network of relations and joint cooperation with the most famous international medical institutions, which have a great impact in supporting it in the performance of its duties.
- The number of patients for the year 2019 reached (2431), and (3345) medical procedures were performed for them
- The center, in cooperation with the Japanese company ASAHI, conducted a workshop for treating complex and calcified cases, and the results were excellent
- Valves for the aorta through the catheter were installed for two patients, in cooperation with MEDTRONIC
- The center provides patients with medical examination services from ECHO and echocardiography through the esophagus and, in cooperation with the Department of Radiology, services tomography arteriography and nuclear imaging of the heart
- The center also provides services for the installation of single and dual cardiac regulators with the ability to follow up the programming of devices using the latest methods as well as the installation of cardiac arresters. During the previous years, the center conducted training workshops and lectures and participated in the PCIME conference in Amman on 1/2019.
- The center intends to expand the family and add unit and daily care.
Assisted Reproduction Center
The Division of Assisted Reproduction was established in 2002 on the 12th floor of the founder King Abdullah University Hospital. The division has received huge numbers of patients since its inception, and in 2015 the division was transformed into a center called the Center for Reproduction Assistance affiliated with the Medical Department.
The Center for Assisted Reproduction is a center of excellence in the treatment of infertility and IVF, and it is one of the best centers for assisted reproduction in Jordan, as it is able to provide the latest IVF treatments and take advantage of modern technology, including ICSI, in order to provide the best possible service for couples who suffer from difficulty In childbearing and thus achieving the highest levels of success.
Roles and responsibilities
- Receiving all primary and secondary infertility cases
- Ovulation Induction Programs
- Intrauterine Insemination Programs with or without X-Y separation
- In Vitro Fertilization Programs
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection Programs
- Semen Fluid Analysis
- Cyst Aspiration
- Laparoscopic surgeries, Hysteroscopies, and Dye tests
- The use of a laser to puncture the wall of Assisted Hatching embryos
- . Embryo Transfer Blastocyst Transfer for 5 days
- Surgical exploration of the testis for sperm inspection. TESE, PESA, MESA
- . Freezing of sperms, oocytes and embryos
- Treatment of endometriosis, adhesions, ovarian cysts, and uterine fibers
- Medical and Surgical Treatment of: Endometriosis, Adhesions, Adenomyosis, Ovarian Cysts, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Uterine Fibroids.
- Treating puberty, menstrual and hormonal disorders in women (Pediatric Adolescent Gynecology)
- Menopause and Hormone Replacement Therapy.
The center treats patients who suffer from spinal diseases using therapeutic means commensurate with each disease condition. The center's therapeutic services include performing major operations using modern techniques that substitute for the current traditional operations such as (spinal fractures, disc treatment using endoscopes, and implantation of industrial screws using a navigation device) Radiation (which is one of the most common diseases of the spine, as well as diagnosis, examinations, treatment and physiotherapy, in addition to the rehabilitation of inpatients and outpatients, and these procedures help in a speedy recovery without this treatment method causing any complications or effects after the operation or Side effects for patients undergoing such treatment.
The strategy at the center focuses on developing methods of spinal surgery in line with developments and modern technologies in the field of treatment of spinal deformities and joint implants (industrial discs), especially the cervical spine, instead of stabilizing these vertebrae as is currently followed, as these therapeutic procedures and modern diagnostic methods It gives better results and takes into account the nature and physiology of each patient's spine
The center will be equipped with the latest medical devices and therapeutic equipment under the supervision of a group of experienced doctors and technicians, and it will provide many treatment services, especially for athletes, as the center will also deal with the increasing number of injured due to various accidents and who need more specialized expertise in the northern region, the whole Kingdom and the region as well. .
The aim of establishing this center is to provide high-quality service and the choice of therapeutic methods related to human functional performance and increase mobility and speed in rehabilitation and recovery
Urology and Nephrology Center:
Within the hospital’s plan to establish distinct and specialized centers, a kidney and urinary tract surgery center was established, which includes a group of specialists in addition to a number of trained resident physicians subject to the higher specialization program in urology.
The center works on the following axes:
The focus of the therapeutic service:
- This service is provided to outpatient kidney and urology surgery patients and inpatients
- Hospital and lithotripsy unit and cystometrogram.
- Educational axis:
- Students of higher specialization in kidney and urology surgery
- Medical students at the fourth and sixth year levels
Holding lectures and conducting cancer screening campaigns, and participating in the activities of the Jordanian Society of Nephrology and Urology Surgeons and the Arab League, as Prof. Dr. Muhammad Al-Ghazou, Chairman of the Examinations Committee of the Jordanian Medical Council, and Dr. Rami Al-Azab, the representative of Jordan for the Arab Magazine for Urology.
The Center's Affiliated Units:
- Lithotripsy unit
- Infertility unit (in cooperation with the fertility and IVF center)
- Kidney transplant unit
- Endoscopy unit
- Cystoplasty unit
- The center contains a number of science rooms
- Types of operations
- Tumor and cancer operations
- Gravel and its diseases
- Congenital malformations
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Urinary incontinence operations
- Kidney transplant
- Penis stent operations
Saudi Radiology Center
About the project:
The project was implemented through a generous grant from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia through the Saudi Fund for Development / Gulf Grant, so that it is directly linked to the existing hospital to provide services to inpatients and patients from outside the hospital and in such a way that it takes the same existing architectural character and takes into account the horizontal and vertical expansion to reflect the shape of The building at the end, taking into account the natural extension of the existing urban planning of the main hospital in terms of the horizontal plan, the planning network, the vertical and horizontal movement areas and the architectural character.
The center consists of 3 main elements, which are outpatient clinics, chemotherapy and radiotherapy. The design took into account the establishment of a spacious lobby, the provision of waiting rooms and a main reception counter for each element of the building, taking into account the health conditions of patients, whether chemotherapy or radiotherapy, so that the separation between these two elements was made. Where entrances and waiting rooms.
Accelerator rooms have been implemented to provide full protection from radiation, whether inside or outside the center, and their construction has been approved above the ground to provide natural lighting for the center to improve the patient's healing environment and ease of movement within the center.
The center is equipped with the latest air conditioning, protection and surveillance systems
The center is distinguished by providing the latest scientific findings of radiotherapy techniques and their additions.
Building area: 3,100 square meters
Linear accelerator device
Radioactive source therapy device
Patient fixation system
System for the manufacture of patient protection masks
Medical devices: The building contains the following devices:
Number of daily cases: 45-50 treatment sessions are expected per day.